Commenced by a group of non-citizen spouses in 2009 and functions under the auspices and guidance of Migration Working Group and Woman’s Aid Organisation,
to advance, promote and protect the rights of non-citizen spouses married to Malaysians and their children.
Non-Malaysian Spouses be empowered, enabled and encouraged with the right to reside and work with dignity in Malaysia.
The quality of life for Non-Malaysian Spouses and their children is assured with equality, non-discrimination and without being limited, dependent or vulnerable on their Malaysian spouses.
- To ensure that the basic
rights of non-Malaysian spouses are assured.
- To empower and assist non-Malaysian spouses, their families and communities throughout the migration & settlement process
- To build up the capacities of non-citizen spouses and their families,
in the participatory process, to enable them to make their voices be heard.
- To encourage social and economic development of non-citizen spouses
- To use the Rights Based approach in promoting and protecting the rights of non-Malaysian
spouses and their children in the Migration process.
- To provide an effective framework for national and regional advocacy.
- Migrants, Migrant Rights
- Marriage Migration, the right to reside, work
and own property
- Marriage Migrants and their right to live with dignity
- Rights of Children having one Malaysian parent
- Handling online and telephone enquiries
- Case Management
- Counselling and on Line Advice
- Legal Information
- Medical Information Services
- Employment Assistance and Guidance
- Information service
- Safeguard women and children against Domestic Violence
- Local Cultural
- Direct Spouses to other NGOs with bigger capacity, when necessary
- Volunteer Training for foreign spouses
- Research,mapping and preparion of a database of foreign spouses
Who we are:
We are non-Malaysian spouses with advance understanding on marriage migration, started this group to assist other foreign spouses in the marriage migration process to support their needs.